Samantha

Samantha

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Smarter Than The Average Freshman

Lately I've been thinking about how much harder my classes are than the people I talk to.
I'm in Pre-Calculus, while a sophomore I know is in Algebra and nearly everyone else took Stats.
I have a Comm class full of juniors and seniors, as I have mentioned before.
My FYE class is Honors, so we're doing a ton of work there, while the general FYE class does next to nothing.
All in all, I began to worry a little that I took on too much too quickly. What if I couldn't get through all the homework? What if I can't keep up and I'm forced to keep failing because I'm dragging behind and no one is stopping to wait for me to get up?

Yesterday, that changed.
I realized that the whole reason I ended up in these classes is because I'm capable of doing the work. No one here wants me to fail and if I have a question, they don't hesitate to answer it. I am prepared for long hours of homework, because that means I'm getting something out of my expensive education.
Here's why I came to this revelation:

Not only did I score 100% on my first essay in Gender and Communication (I'm the only freshman there!), I was complimented, in a humorous way (at least, I thought it was funny).
We had to get into groups to discuss a theory and come up with a skit to show an aspect of it. There were supposed to be 6 to a group.
Sean Stemas, who is a nice guy and says hi to me when he sees me outside of class, counts us and says "Well, we only have five," he thinks for a short moment and then points at me, "that's okay, you can pick up the slack." I must have looked surprised or confused, I certainly felt that way, because he added, "well, you always have to best ideas."
:D

1 comment:

  1. I am beyond proud of you my dear sweet, intelligent, mature, caring, amazing daughter

    ReplyDelete